Musing Melinda

I hope everyone had lovely relaxing weekends! We did - wow the spring weather really decided to treat us over the weekend. It was so warm and sunny and fantastic to have the windows open after a bitter winter.

My new Whiff of Joy stamps arrived! Yay! I had been admiring all of the beautiful cards made with this lovely Musing Melinda for months so decided to finally just buy her! Isn't she sweet? But aren't these papers busy!! I love them, but I really have trouble using them well.

My card is 5 x 6 inches for a change. It is surprising what a difference this slight alteration in width makes to a card layout. I've been playing a little bit recently with sizes and using punches and border dies on the edges for some interest and steering a bit away from my standard 6x6 card. This time I decided to keep the edges clean as the paper is so detailed.

I have a couple of challenges to enter her into:

Whiff of Joy - Layers
A Pocket Full of Posies - Floral Fantasy
Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin - Stitching

Ingredients for this card are:

Copic colours: E 0000, 000, 00, 11, 13,41, 43, 44, 51, 53, 55, 57, 59, V000, 91, 93, 95, G000, 00, 40, 85
Stamps: Musing Melinda - Whiff of Joy (Bizzy Becs)
Papers: Kioshi - Basic Grey
Embellishments: Kaisercraft Rhinstone strips, 1 " cream stain ribbon, flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts), Charm, Stickles Diamond
Other: Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Pendant and Oval, Cuttlebug, Sewing machine, Distress ink "Old Paper" for sponging

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hugs
Kylie xx

Comments

  1. O this is beautiful! Love her sparkly wings and the use of the SB die behind her just peeking out!! Fantastic!
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - she's awesome! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love whiff of joy stamps think might have to buy some more. Your colours are just divine too. Hugs bron xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, your colouring is fabulous & I love all the sparkle. Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stampin challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is absolutely gorgeous! I have been thinking about these and was in the store on the weekend, that mouse too cute but I walked away, but now once again I think I may have to have a looksee because this is just absolutely AMAZING!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Blondie!! Gorgeous colouring as always.
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kylie
    lovely design and colours and the colouring is beautiful, thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card Kylie! Looks awesome!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you used those Basic Grey Papers!! they look awesome with the bling and ribbon! I think your girlie is super cute, and I love how you coloured her jeans, and wings!! Goodluck with your challenges Babe!!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kylie! Hope you're well and glad you had a nice weekend. Your card is absolutely stunning and I love the shape, I agree it's nice to try a different style sometimes. Your colouring is amazing as always and I love those BG papers. Have a good week, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so gorgeous Kylie.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kylie. I think you have done a wonderful job with the card and those papers are fabulous! It takes me a while to get used to new things too but it'll grow on you. This image is one of my faves and sadly I have not inked her up yet but you've inspired me to get a move on. Love how you've coloured her, especially her hair and those sparkly wings. Have a great day and hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card, lovely image. LOVE the die cut and colours used here.

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pearl string is great to put over ribbon now that I see your card.

    Thanks for joining in the Secret Crafter challenge.

    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww gorgeous card Kylie thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin Challenge hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.