Magnolia Down Under & Get Sketchy

Today I just couldnt get this card right. I had a great sketch, a great colour combo and yet I just wasnt overly happy with the result.... it probably didnt help that I had trouble lining up my border punch and that for some unknown reason my paper cutter just wouldn't cut straight (it couldn't possibly be the user? Right?). Anyway, little Tilda finally had a card to sit on.

As I excitedly mentioned last week, Magnolia Down Under Challenges are now weekly, and their challenge this week is to use the colour combo Pink & Grey. I used the sketch from this week's Get Sketchy and voila! I have to say though, I was in a bit of a panic going through my head to figure out what grey patterned papers I had.... then it hit me... I had bought some of the gorgeous Magnolia papers from Kellie at her Magnolia Down Under store - perfect!





Comments

  1. WOW girl you are super quick, and on the ball, it's nice to know someone looks forward and waits for the challenges to be listed, must kill ya when we are late, hehe! BACK to the card! Gorgeous, I love this image and never use her but you do amazing things with her, I know I am lucky to have a card made with her by you! The flowers looks gorgeous and your boarder is fine ;)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at MDUC this week, see ya next week :)
    Hugs Kel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this, such a pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kylie this is super cute. Love the punch border on the left and the little strawberry charm. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Beautiful colored! Thanks for playing with GS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stunning!! love all those punched edges and your details and colouring are gorgeous! thanks for joining us MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love the card, I had that punch but I broke it :( now I miss it, hehehe. It's funnny but my papercutter has the same problem with cutting straight so it has to be the cutters problem, not us, lol. Thanks for joining us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kylie, Beautiful card, love the pretty colours and such a sweet Tilda, the border punch is fab. A great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under. Have a great week. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the touch of deep red you've put in - packs a real punch! Talking of punches - LOL - great layered effect with your punched edges - LOVE it.
    Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh so pretty!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful take on the sketch!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute, cute, cute!!!!! Love your borders...it adds such a nice touch to your design...the colors are magnificent together. Thanks for playing with us at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. What a great job you did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.